Bali Governor Plans To Close All Tourist Attractions Again

Bali, Indonesia, aerial view of Pura Luhur Uluwatu temple at sunrise.

ihgma.com – The Bali Governor has said that he wants to close all tourist attractions again after a surge of COVID-19 cases on the island.

“We’ve been observing over the last few weeks that the local transmission is spiking and the mortality rate from Covid-19 is increasing. I’m considering closing all tourist attractions like I did previously,” said Koster during a Covid-19 Coordination Meeting at Jayasaba on Friday afternoon, Sept 11th 2020.

Foto : Governor-Koster 

In that 3 hours meeting, Koster also said that there are several clusters of community  transmission.

as published by TheBaliSun.com Wednesday (16/9) Earlier this week Bali recorded the highest number of regencies in the red zone of any province in Indonesia.

Foto : Domestic-tourism-bali 

Koster added that many group events are contributing to the transmission of COVID-19 such as Cock Fighting or what locals call “Metajen”, religious ceremonies and tourists from other areas into Bali.

Foto : Local restaurant

Many people in Bali can’t imagine the thought of another lockdown and stopping all tourism completely again.

“I am getting a few customers per day to eat from domestic tourists but if that goes away, I just can’t even imagine what to do,” a local restaurant owner, Ketut Siandana, told The Bali Sun.

Foto : Bali beach

Leave a Reply